2D Platformer Mario Style Camera Follow Tutorial by Press Start

January 14, 2021

Camera

2D Platformer Design


Title: Mario Style Camera Follow Tutorial
By: Press Start
Youtube - Tutorial
Description: Camera tutorial that follows similar to Mario for 2D platformers.


Overview

I want to get back to working with 2D platforming programming and came across this useful tutorial for creating a decent camera controller. Tutorials like this are always nice as the camera is a very critical element of the overall feel of a 2D platformer, but it isn't something I necessarily want to focus my time on for now, so this gives me a good starting point that I can quickly implement and tweak for my needs starting out. If it becomes more critical later in the process, I can come back to it with other methods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Multiplayer Networking Solution Tutorial Using Unity and Mirror - Tutorial by: Jason Weimann

Exporting FBX from Houdini with Color

Houdini Assignment - Fuse and Group