Getting Started with Frog Generator in Houdini

May 9, 2019

Frog Generator Houdini Project

Helpful Guides

Youtube - Piranhaconda - Houdini SOPs Muscle and Wrinkles Tutorial
By: AuthorityFX
Vimeo - Working with Noise
By: SideFX Houdini
Vimeo - Houdini 16 Masterclass | Custom Shading
By: SideFX Houdini

I am looking at creating a frog generating tool with Houdini as my final project for a procedural modeling class, so I just gathered a few tutorials that I thought might be helpful. The skin of the frogs is going to be a key feature that I don't have much experience with, so I want to look into noise and shaders and how those go together to apply there.

The first video just seems like a generally helpful video for creatures, especially those without fur since the wrinkles should be much more noticeable. Frogs will also have some very visibly wrinkly locations dealing with their legs and face especially I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Multiplayer Networking Solution Tutorial Using Unity and Mirror - Tutorial by: Jason Weimann

Exporting FBX from Houdini with Color

Houdini Assignment - Fuse and Group