More Houdini Tutorials - Procedural Assets and More Basics

May 18, 2019

Houdini Tutorials

Procedural Assets

Vimeo - Intro to Procedural Modeling in Houdini: Making a Fence Asset
By: trzanko
SideFX - Introduction to Procedural Modeling
By: SideFX - Game Tutor

Since my main issues for my procedural modeling project stem from not being familiar with procedural asset tools, I figured I should finally take that approach for my tutorial searches to help learn some new techniques. This led me to this great tutorial on creating a simple fence asset that I think will actually give me some pretty relateable tools when it comes to positioning parts for my frog generator. I am really hoping this helps me control the digits and toes of the frogs in a much nicer way.

The other link is actually a series of small tutorials. I wanted to grab these as well since they cover the basics again, which is something I can still use review on as often as possible, as well as leading into the creation of a procedural stair asset. This seems fairly simple, which is a nice way to start looking into how procedural assets are designed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Multiplayer Networking Solution Tutorial Using Unity and Mirror - Tutorial by: Jason Weimann

Exporting FBX from Houdini with Color

Houdini Assignment - Fuse and Group